Day 7 of 7 Day Juice Fast
After seven days of not eating solid food you would think that I would be missing it more than I really am. Somehow what happens is, around day three or four, your thought processes take a different direction you are hungry.
Instead of reaching for the first solid food you can find, your mind just tells you to drink juice. And so it goes. I finished my 7 day juice fast successfully. My weight loss for the 7 days was 15 pounds. I expect a few of those pounds come back but as I have mentioned that wasn’t the primary purpose of the juicing fast.
Oddly my first meal was rather modest. I had about three quarters of a cup of a lentil soup, a small portion of play black bean and corn dish that I love, and a toasted piece of multi-grain bread. All of it was delicious. However, before I sat down to write this article, I prepared a wonderful morning juice recipe.
4- Valenica Oranges
6- Leaves of Lacinato Kale
2- Large Organic Carrots
It may very well be the best juice I have made this past week. It is a deep emerald green and taste quite fabulous. For those of you who are unsure or do not like the taste of green juice, this would be an excellent recipe for you to try.
There are some things that I learned from the 7 day juice fast. For example, you cannot drink enough water.
- A a liter of water to start every day gets things going. I drink a liter of water in between juices.
- When you get hungry, and you will get hungry, make yourself a fresh glass of juice, immediately.
- Hunger is a powerful weapon when it comes to influencing your thoughts.
- Especially in the first few days don’t let yourself get that point.
- Make sure that you have a support system in place if possible. My loved ones encouraged me throughout the process. I count them as a significant component to being successful.
- There will be juices that you make that you do not like.
- Don’t feel bad about that. For example, while I can easily drink any kind of green juice you can make, a stalk of celery changes the whole case of any juice that I make.
- I juice celery frequently but I make sure it’s mixed with other things that I enjoy.
- Find a juice that you really enjoy for a late-night snack. It’s amazing how hungry your mind tells you that you are after everyone goes to bed.
It’s likely that I will complete a seven day fast every three months or so. For now I will return to a whole foods plant based diet, supplemented with juicing.
Bestselling Juicers on Amazon
Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided ‘AS IS’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.